LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

General questions relating to the LSAT or LSAT preparation.
 Stephanie Oswalt
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
aamcgowa wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 9:13 am I am retaking the November LSAT on Tuesday. Do you guys have any recommendations as to what podcast going over specific tests I should listen to of yours?
Hi aamcgowa,

Thanks for the post! Dave and Jon discussed the regular November test here: https://www.powerscore.com/lsat/podcast/97/, and they briefly talked about the retake starting at about the 13-minute mark.

We don't have any other specific content for the makeup test, but you do have access to the November Crystal Ball Webinar recording in your Analytics Online Student Center. I'd recommend that you watch the webinar if you haven't already, and complete the related recommended content in your Online Student Center! If you need assistance finding that, feel free to send us an email at contact@powerscore.com.

Thanks!
 Lorde.303
|
Ahhh - just finished my makeup November exam after experiencing significant technical disturbances (cough cough: which originated from ProctorU) back in mid Nov.

you guys, I am SO HAPPY that I canceled that score and took the test again.  Obviously that's an agonizing decision to have to make (do you go for the devil you know or the devil you don't?), but having lost several minutes, I figured a retest was the right path.

Ok, any and all folks who also went with the retake - thoughts?

Also, partially for the sake of curiosity, but also so I can try to determine which section was my experimental, hopefully someone can comment and help me gain some clarity.  Any PowerScore folks know which test this material came from?

Section 1 - LG
-6 pieces appearing over 4 days, more had to be on the 3rd day than the 4th
-I know the second game was a pretty straight forward linear one, have no idea who the pieces were
-student assignments being due in Sept, Oct, or Nov
-plays appearing on the north or south  stage

Section 2 - LR I
-principle/application of the unethical action of using an item purposefully and then returning it
-main library and shutting down other local branches
-larger number of documentaries vs fewer science documentaries and the percentage of success of the first type of documentaries
-two people disagreeing about allowing the public to hear immoral/unethical views (Carl you bastard)

Section 3 - RC
-Jackie Ormes, first African American cartoonist
-comparative passage about lending to poor folks (Bangladesh)
-acceleration of the universe expanding, Einstein, two theories to explain the expation
-three kinds of theories about legal aspects of ownership (this was BRUTAL to me, but I expected it, I opened up the passage knowing it was going to be a hardcore legal gibberish one - forewarned is forearmed)

Section 4 - LR II
-restaurant competitor questioning the freshness of okra and their seafood gumbo
-professor says that some of his students heard the lecture from the beginning and some will find it fascinating
-this year, all students got vaccinated, so none will get the flu
-some morals are beneficial to others, some are not; something about morals and detrimental to others (this was one of the last 3 or 4 questions)
-there was a question at the very end to, all of the answers to which talked about modern vs Victorian apartments having bathtubs (this question, like the first one I mentioned in this section, make me lol.  Gotta find that joy in the test where you can!)

Is anyone able to help me determine which of my LRs was experimental?  Dave and Jon, I *know* you know what exam I'm referring to!  Especially you, Dave haha.
 AmberQuinlan@gmail.com
|
I had this same test as well for the November retake!

LG and RC weren’t too brutal, and I actually felt quite confident coming out of both. One LR was DEFINITELY harder than the other…so I’m really hoping the first one I had (vitamin C and acne) was the real section.
 Lorde.303
|
AmberQuinlan@gmail.com wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 6:30 pm I had this same test as well for the November retake!

LG and RC weren’t too brutal, and I actually felt quite confident coming out of both. One LR was DEFINITELY harder than the other…so I’m really hoping the first one I had (vitamin C and acne) was the real section.
I had that Vit V and acne question too! I think that was my first section as well. Good luck to you! SO happy we get our results on Dec 1st along with everyone else
 Dave Killoran
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Lorde.303 wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 6:09 pm Is anyone able to help me determine which of my LRs was experimental?  Dave and Jon, I *know* you know what exam I'm referring to!  Especially you, Dave haha.
Fwiw, this isn't as easy as it would seem :-D In this case because your topics in Section 2 aren't immediately obvious to me as to which test they came from. So, most people who had this lineup had three sections from Feb 2015 (LG, RC, and LR), and one section from Feb 2012 (LR, which for you matches your 4th section). In that case, we believe for them that the three sections from Feb 2015 are scored, and the Feb 2012 section is experimental (it's odd, but not unheard of for a formerly scored section to appear as experimental later on).

Looking at what else you said about that section, though, causes me to believe 2 was experimental for you since we believe Vitamin C was experimental. I can't be 100% sure based on your description of it, but that's my suspicion at least based on your recollection.

Thanks!

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.