LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

General questions relating to the LSAT or LSAT preparation.
 bhaanvi@gmail.com
|
Hey everyone! I'm a beginner, I've enrolled myself for the LSAT live online classes starting on 29th July which ends on September 30th. Do you think that's enough time to secure a 162 in my LSAT? I'm planning to write my LSAT In November 2021 and apply to a Canadian Law school. Do you think 1 month of prep once i finish the course would suffice?
 Stephanie Oswalt
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
bhaanvi@gmail.com wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 4:01 pm Hey everyone! I'm a beginner, I've enrolled myself for the LSAT live online classes starting on 29th July which ends on September 30th. Do you think that's enough time to secure a 162 in my LSAT? I'm planning to write my LSAT In November 2021 and apply to a Canadian Law school. Do you think 1 month of prep once i finish the course would suffice?
Hi bhaanvi!

Thanks for the post, and welcome to both the course and the forum. :-D Our course is designed to be comprehensive and to fully prepare you for the LSAT, so as long as you dedicate yourself to the lessons and homework—and especially since you have an additional month following the end of the live lessons—you should be ready to crush the November test! :)

A 162 is definitely obtainable during 3+ months. But naturally, the time needed varies a bit from person to person: natural abilities, starting point, schedule, and time available to commit to studying... all of these factors play an important role in determining exactly how much time it takes. Here are few notes to help you along the way:

a. If you haven't already, make sure to take the diagnostic practice test in your Online Student Center. This will help familiarize you with the LSAT and provide a benchmark score that you can use to measure your progress. There are also 5 additional tests, at a minimum, that we recommend you take at certain points throughout the course.

b. When working through your homework and practice tests, you might find these LSAT Blog Posts useful: c. If you're finding yourself in a time crunch, a helpful tool to note is the "Critical Homework List" for every lesson that reduces the workload to a much more manageable amount. The critical homework list for each lesson can be accessed via your Online Student Center in the “Lesson and Homework Supplements” section. You can find the critical homework list under the “optional” material in each lesson. Of course, this is not the minimum amount of homework you need to do to excel on the LSAT; this is simply a list of the sections you should complete if time is short before the following lesson. :)

I hope this helps! If you have any specific questions about how to access your resources, please feel free to email us at contact@powerscore.com. Thanks, and enjoy the course!
 bhaanvi@gmail.com
|
Thank you so much for your response! Looking forward to learning throughout the course and crushing the exam!

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.