LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

General questions relating to the LSAT or LSAT preparation.
 Administrator
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
As this June's LSAT-Flex concludes, test takers throughout the US and Canada naturally wonder what to make of their experience, and are eager to hear more about the experiences of others. To aid in that, this thread allows you to provide general feedback about your test, and will serve as a one-stop repository for all of the details that PowerScore users submit.

This information can then help you better predict your own scoring outcomes, and determine whether to keep or cancel your score (although these days you rarely should cancel since only your highest score matters). For more assistance on making that decision, please visit: The Ultimate LSAT Scoring Guide: Should You Keep or Cancel?

Per LSAC policies, you are allowed to discuss LSAT question topics and difficulty in general. For example, this means you can identify a game by name and discuss whether you thought it was difficult. You cannot talk about specific answer choices, however. So, "The Water Tubes game was difficult for me" is fine; "the answer to the first three questions was A in that game" is not acceptable.

Note: This thread will continue to update and grow over the coming days, and thus is neither official nor complete while the discussion is ongoing. If you are considering canceling based on the details provided here, give the conversation a day or two as we work to confirm all of the information is accurate. And then listen to our LSAT podcast where we typically recap the test after the exam week has finished.

We're wishing everyone the very best on their LSAT, and can't wait to hear how it went!

Accommodated LSAT discussion: lsat/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=35004
International LSAT discussion: lsat/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=35005
 rac1248
|
What'd people think of the RC, I had to piss the entire time so wasn't sure if it was because I was distracted or what but seemed the hardest section by far
 lsat_student0543
|
The comparative passage I thought was challenging. Had to guess on probably 4 of them. The other 3 I thought were moderate.
rac1248 wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 12:20 pm What'd people think of the RC, I had to piss the entire time so wasn't sure if it was because I was distracted or what but seemed the hardest section by far
 andrewb22
|
RC order
Alain Locke>Beetles and Trees>Lying>Copyright

Also in descending difficulty except switch lying and copyright, but I felt RC was easier than usual. Lying was sort of challenging, but all in all I felt it was ok.

LG

5 Speakers?(can't remember but 5 something) >AM/PM seminars> Investigation (weird variable names)>Economics courses

I thought LG was fairly straightforward. The most difficult part for me was the setup and rules interpretation. The second game had a rule variation I've never seen but once you got it, it wasn't a big deal. The two games with obscure stimuli turned out to be ok once I comprehended them.

LR

Shakespeare, grapefruit, elephants, can't remember any others.

LR seemed unusually easier, especially when the other sections I felt were average at best. I can remember several questions in the middle to late that had answer choices that were perfect prephrases and seemed too simple to be right but who knows. Last 7 or so questions were difficult but that's standard.

Compared to April I thought this test was much easier
 philsat8
|
hey andrew -

wondering if you recognize any questions from my section today since I can't tell if we had different tests or not

was that elephants you had about african elephants? if so I think I recognize it

I think shakespeare talked about hamlet right?

i'm remembering one about ET (like the movie) but i'm not sure if that's today's or a pt or just something I saw someone post somewhere. my mind is gone lol

anything else you can recall? I can't believe i'm drawing such a blank here

thanks!
 mlhotak@gmail.com
|
philsat8 wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 11:52 pm hey andrew -

wondering if you recognize any questions from my section today since I can't tell if we had different tests or not

was that elephants you had about african elephants? if so I think I recognize it

I think shakespeare talked about hamlet right?

i'm remembering one about ET (like the movie) but i'm not sure if that's today's or a pt or just something I saw someone post somewhere. my mind is gone lol

anything else you can recall? I can't believe i'm drawing such a blank here

thanks!

Hey Phil! Yes, it was about African Elephants. I had the same test as you and Andrew! I also think this is a reuse of a test that Dave predicted we would see during the Crystal Ball?

Am I right Powerscore?! I wrote a long, essay type post about my experience with my first LSAT and negative experience with Proctor U for the most part. My test started an hour and a half late. I successfully tested my equipment 2 hours beforehand. However, Dang Cookies kept getting in the way and then chatting with help support, while waiting for a proctor then I got in, delayed things more. This was my first proctored test ever, but I think I will take the October LSAT. LSAC documented that I had proctor issues, but I choose to not file for a retake. Other people had a lot worse issues yesterday, but I feel like we need to learn a stupid skill of keeping our chin in the WebCam in order to avoid some possible loss of time and annoyance by the proctor. My proctor was actually nice enough and saw I was trying. Still, they didn't pause the clock when I asked possibly because I had accommodated time.

I wish I filed for breaks between the sections, so I have suggestions for people taking the August or October LSAT, However, now I am excited to eat some cookies today, celebrate my younger bro's birthday, and not read National Geographic or a Reading Comprehension passage for a couple of weeks!! Does anyone have any tips on staying composed when they find themselves getting annoyed during a passage like Beetles and Trees or the 3rd LG. That is something I didn't do as well as I would have liked. I disagree with Andrew that the Alain Locke passage with WEB Dubois and Booker T Washington was the hardest. Maybe it is because of what I studied in undergrad 10 years ago and majority of the questions were not easy.

In the science passage, however, we were talking about Ants crucial relationship to these trees as well as Beetles, there was some weird kind of process they kinda defined, and then even a Beaver played a major role in causing the trees to become ripe for the beetle I think. I am not sure about, because I did not write that before. I did not fully comprehend this passage. We are not talking about these things in practice. We are NOT talking about practice, but a game!! A little reverse AI quote in an attempt to make sports fans laugh, but we are talking about Beavers, Trees, Beetles, and Ants during the Real LSAT!!!!! I will have a better mindset about RC in October though! I wish everyone the best of luck and I am thankful for PowerScore.
 lia316
|
Hey Andrew,

I had the same RC and LG as you! However, our LR's were somewhat different. What I noticed more than anything was a lot of strengthening and method of reasoning for my LRs, and a good amount of conclusion questions. Overall it wasn't too difficult and John and Dave were right about the emphasis that was placed on global questions and inferring, especially in RC. I don't really know what to do now with all my new free time but I'm excited to see my score and I hope everyone else felt good and confident about theirs!
 mlhotak@gmail.com
|
I had the same exact test as Andrew. This was definitely one of the tests that Dave and John predicted would be reused on our LSAT! Does anyone remember the method of reasoning question where one scientist, De.. something, criticized an aspect of one of Newton's theories?

This was the toughest identify the conclusion question I have ever encountered. The question was in the 20's. I really miss the straightforward identify the conclusion questions in the PTs before 81. Like a few others from the 80's this was abstract and almost a prephrase of the conclusion I think. The person's name wasn't included by the author in the conclusion at least. So, I agree that there were a lot of abstract MR and Strengthening questions.

Anyways, I hope everyone enjoys their extra free time and that PowerScore students did well!

Mike
 ttaylrzui
|
Hello!!!

The sections I had in order were LG-RC-LR

LG - Museum crime scene, Econ Classes, Hall for Speech’s, Something about some vehicles I think.

RC - Comparative was about keystone predators and some type of ecosystem, then one about some woman Britain ?? who was for the war and then was against it (or the opposite I can’t remember), then the judicial system and using enrichment.

LR fire glass and arson??? Smokers and fruit and a better diet. Art and how people make fakes but they should be considered real because the real artist has assistance doing most of the work anyway.

My brain is so foggy now lol that’s the best I could do
 philsat8
|
ttaylrzui wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 6:59 pm Hello!!!

The sections I had in order were LG-RC-LR

LG - Museum crime scene, Econ Classes, Hall for Speech’s, Something about some vehicles I think.

RC - Comparative was about keystone predators and some type of ecosystem, then one about some woman Britain ?? who was for the war and then was against it (or the opposite I can’t remember), then the judicial system and using enrichment.

LR fire glass and arson??? Smokers and fruit and a better diet. Art and how people make fakes but they should be considered real because the real artist has assistance doing most of the work anyway.

My brain is so foggy now lol that’s the best I could do
hmmm was that smokers and fruit question about grapefruit? i keep hearing grapefruit and am guessing that's the same!

and the fire glass and arson...that's the crazed glass one right (whatever crazed glass is)?

oh two more! (1) was there one about a dino fossil with feathers, and (2) do you remember one about shakespeare (some people have said hamlet and some have said NO hamlet so i'm confused lol)?

thanks so so much for the help! trying not to lose my mind :/

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.