LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

General questions relating to the LSAT or LSAT preparation.
 Desperatenconfused
|
Hello,

My PT average was 175, and I’ve gotten a couple 180s- lowest I’d get is around 172-173. My diagnostic was a 167.
My April exam score was a 167.

Now I understand test day scores can be a lot lower than expected due to nerves, but I can’t fathom getting 9+ wrong on the test. I came out of the test thinking it was tough, but worst case scenario would be a 171. However, I do know my test was recycled from 2022, so it can’t be a problem with the test itself.

But, I took the exam with paper/pencil accommodations. Is there a chance that the scantron was graded incorrectly? I’m having a lot of trouble accepting my score, and although I consider $150 to be quite expensive, I can’t help but want to recheck and get it regraded. Is it worth auditing my score?
 LanceAJ
|
Worth it. I would want to eliminate the doubt. Schedule retest asap if needed
 Chandler H
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Desperatenconfused wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 6:05 pm Hello,

My PT average was 175, and I’ve gotten a couple 180s- lowest I’d get is around 172-173. My diagnostic was a 167.
My April exam score was a 167.

Now I understand test day scores can be a lot lower than expected due to nerves, but I can’t fathom getting 9+ wrong on the test. I came out of the test thinking it was tough, but worst case scenario would be a 171. However, I do know my test was recycled from 2022, so it can’t be a problem with the test itself.

But, I took the exam with paper/pencil accommodations. Is there a chance that the scantron was graded incorrectly? I’m having a lot of trouble accepting my score, and although I consider $150 to be quite expensive, I can’t help but want to recheck and get it regraded. Is it worth auditing my score?
Hello,

It is true that pencil/paper accommodations are more likely to be graded incorrectly than the typical digital LSAT, but you should be aware that it is unfortunately unlikely that a score audit will turn up anything—most scores that are actually incorrect have a much bigger discrepancy (for example, if your April score was in the 130s or 40s, I would say to definitely get one.)

Ultimately, it's up to you to weigh the possibilities and decide what you are willing to spend on an audit!

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.