LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

Administrator
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Complete Question Explanation
(The complete setup for this game can be found here: lsat/viewtopic.php?t=16613)

The correct answer choice is (A)

Answer choice (A) is correct, because if Henri uses the H, the first two rules dictate that he cannot use the R or the T. None of the other answer choices dictate that only one of the three listed variables is used.
 blade21cn
|
I have difficulty comprehending the question - "Henri is using no more than one of the following: H, R, T." I tend to think "no more than" means "only." The dictionary definition is "a stated number or fewer" and is interchangeable with "not more than." The correct answer (A) states "Henri is using the H." But that pushes out R, T, and V and Henri can still use M, which is a random. So can anyone shed some light on this? Thanks!
 Jeremy Press
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Hi blade21cn,

In your reading of the question stem, you haven't given effect to the phrase "of the following." You are being asked to select the answer that allows no more than one of those three devices specifically to be used (without considering whether use of the other two devices might be allowed). Of the three devices in the question stem (hairdryer, razor, television), when Henry is using the hairdryer, he is only allowed to be using one of those three, the hairdryer. Make sense?

I hope this helps!

Jeremy

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.