LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

Questions and Answers related to our course homework and lessons.
 TargTru99^
|
Greetings,

For my next LSAT practice test, I want to include an experimental section to better emulate the testing conditions. I am not sure which section from another test to add. Would it make any negative difference in adding a section from a previous practice test I took as the experimental section for that next practice test? Or should I bring in a section from a practice test I have not taken? Would it hurt if I brought in any section from a 1990s-2004 practice test since the Powerscore LSAT prep course I'm taking has taken HW questions from those tests? Also, with the additional experimental section, should I still staple the the printed copy of the practice test into the booklet form used in the exam, or would it be just as good to take it stapled in leaf form?
 James Finch
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Hi TargTru,

The best way to add an experimental section is to have someone else do it for you, so that, ideally, you won't know beforehand which section is experimental. Ask someone you trust to mix in a random section from a random test pre-2007 (older tests are less representative of what you'll be seeing on your official scored exam) and give them the test you want to take scored. Separate individual sections and staple them together, noting which section is the experimental. They should switch the section order around to obscure the experimental section's location (otherwise the section numbering could give it away) and then you should take the exam as it will be given, with sections 1-2-3 taken, 35 minutes each with no break in between, then a 15 minute break, then sections 4-5 (and optionally the writing sample).

Hope this helps!
 Dave Killoran
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
TargTru99^ wrote:Would it make any negative difference in adding a section from a previous practice test I took as the experimental section for that next practice test? Or should I bring in a section from a practice test I have not taken?

Unless it's been a really long time since you took that section, reusing previously seen sections is almost always prejudicial. your mind recognizes that you've seen it before, and tends to relax immediately.

TargTru99^ wrote:Would it hurt if I brought in any section from a 1990s-2004 practice test since the Powerscore LSAT prep course I'm taking has taken HW questions from those tests?

That works fine! you can use experimentals from any test—the key is to do questions you think might be scored :-D

Thanks!

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.