LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

Administrator
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Complete Question Explanation
(The complete setup for this game can be found here: lsat/viewtopic.php?t=13965)

The correct answer choice is (E)

An examination of our two templates reveals that O in stop 1 and N in stop 2 is not possible, and hence answer choice (E) is correct. Because of the actions of the second and third rules, when O and N are chosen for stops 1 and 2, then neither O nor N can be chosen for stop 5, a violation of the last rule.
 andy12
|
Any suggestions for this questions for someone who did this game without templates?

I did this game in a comfortable time, but question 4 took me the longest, and I see it is much faster with templates. I remember thinking while doing my initial setup "with the N/O option in 5, I could split it" but thought I would perhaps do the list question and see if templates come up later via the questions more organically. I got to 4 and felt this would have been a good option but tried the answer choices anyway. I struggle to move past templates particularly when they have more open options (such as template 2, O in 5) and don't feel confident I've explored the options in enough detail, and worry about wasting time.

Thanks!
 Dana D
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Hey Andy,

As a good rule of thumb when trying to determine if you can/should use a template, being presented with a binary option is a strong indicator for when it is not a waste of time. In this game, you only have two options for the 5th stop, which could trigger other information as well if you create the 2 templates to represent those options.

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.