LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

Administrator
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Complete Question Explanation
(The complete setup for this game can be found here: lsat/viewtopic.php?t=11942)

The correct answer choice is (C)

The only way to attack a Global question in a Pure Sequencing game is to refer to the super-sequence that controls the game.

Answer choice (A): This answer choice is incorrect because K can be delivered first, and thus it is not true that at least one parcel is delivered before K.

Answer choice (B): This answer choice is incorrect because G can be delivered seventh, and thus it is not true that at least two parcels are delivered later than G.

Answer choice (C): This is the correct answer choice. G, L, M, and O must all be delivered later than H.

Answer choice (D): This answer choice is incorrect because only three parcels must be delivered later than J (those parcels are G, M, and O).
Answer choice (E): This answer choice is incorrect because only three parcels must be delivered earlier than M (those parcels are H, J, and N).
 MichaelFunk
|
Greetings,

I think I am forgetting something from the Logic Games Bible, but there is no real way to index it. In particular, I wish to address answer choice B. Since H, M, N, and J all must come before G, at least four parcels will always be delivered before G and "at least two" would always include four. I realize this is semantics, but all the same. If I recall correctly, there are a couple instances in all of the Bibles in which the text mentions something along the lines of "phrase x does not actually mean phrase x to the test makers" and I believe "at least" was one of those. As I said, there is no way to index that particular of a question and it doesn't fall within the glossary. Any help is much appreciated. Thanks!

- Michael
 Dave Killoran
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Hi Michael,

Thanks for the question. Let me see if I can get what you are driving at, and then I'll examine this question.

I think the instances you are referring to are when the public perception of a word or term is different from the test maker's perception of that term. For example, most people believe that "some" means "a portion, but not all" whereas the test makers take it to mean "at least one, and possibly all." "Inference" is another word where the public perception ("probably true') is different from the test maker's view ("must be true").

In the case we have here, "at least" is not one of those terms. But, the "at least" isn't what is causing the issue here, I think. Instead, it looks like you may have misread answer choice (B). If (B) said: "At least two parcels are delivered earlier than G is delivered" then (B) would be a correct answer. As you note, H, M, N, and J all must come before G, and 4 would automatically be inclusive of 4, 3, and 2. Thus, the "At least two" requirement would be met. But, the problem here is that answer choice (B) says, "At least two parcels are delivered later than G is delivered" (italics added). As only O must be delivered later than G, the "at least two" threshold isn't met, and that's why (B) is wrong.

I'm betting you'll kick yourself when you see this, but note how clever they are to have placed "earlier" in answer choice (A), right above the "later" in answer choice (B). It's very easy to transpose those two, and I'd wager that's likely what happened here as you seem to have a firm grasp of the game.

Please let me know if that helps. Thanks!

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.