LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

Dave Killoran
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Complete Question Explanation
(The complete setup for this game can be found here: lsat/viewtopic.php?f=182&p=88548#p88548)

The correct answer choice is (A).

This question is simply a test of whether you can diagram the first rule correctly.

From the first rule, F :longline: G :longline: K is known to be true. Thus, if F’s delivery is fourth, G’s must be fifth, and K’s must be sixth. Consequently, answer choice (A) must be true and is correct.
 cgleeson
|
Hi,

Quick question...how is B incorrect? I see how A works, however if G is 4th, H would have to be 2nd?

M ->H ->L->F->G->K
even if M came after K there is no way to correctly diagram it showing F as the 4th delivery.

BTW this is a really cool game :lol:
 katehos
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Hi Chris!

H does not have to be delivered second even when F is delivered 4th, since you could create the order of:

M -> L -> H -> F -> G -> K

This order does not violate any of the rules in the stimulus and H is listed 3rd, not 2nd! The main rule at play for showing how this specific example is valid is the third rule (since we've already placed F, G, and K in spots 4-6 according to the local condition and the first rule), which can be diagrammed as:

F :longline: M :arrow: L :longline: H (contrapositive being H :longline: L :arrow: M :longline: F)

As you can see, neither sufficient condition of the above diagram is invoked by this placement of variables, so it is not a violation of any of the rules nor the local condition and thus (B) does not have to be true!

I hope this helps :)
Kate

P.S. I agree that this is a very cool game!

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.