LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

glasann
|
Hi - I understand why B is correct, however can you please talk through how you'd approach it in a time-efficient manner? I was testing all answer choices (and just got lucky that I only had to get through 2 test scenarios).

Thanks!
 KelseyWoods
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Hi glasann!

Even though this question only gives you a partial list of the order, I would still approach it like a traditional List question: use one rule at a time to eliminate answer choices.

Start with the most fixed rule, the first one: P :longline: M :longline: L.
If P is before M, M cannot be 1st, so answer choice (A) is eliminated.
If M is between P and L, we cannot have P 4th and L 5th, so answer choice (D) is eliminated.

Now onto the next rule: G is before both L and J or G is after both L and J. Basically, this rule means that G cannot be between L and J.
If G is 5th and J is 6th, there is no room for L to also be after G, so answer choice (C) is eliminated.
If G is 5th and L is 6th, there is no room for J to also be after G, so answer choice (E) is eliminated.

The only answer choice we're left with is (B)--and we didn't even need to use the last rule or do any additional diagramming!

Hope this helps!

Best,
Kelsey

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.