LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

Dave Killoran
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Complete Question Explanation
(The complete setup for this game can be found here: lsat/viewtopic.php?f=169&p=88159#p88159)

The correct answer choice is (C).

The best strategy on List questions is to use the individual rules of the game to eliminate incorrect answer choices:

Answer choice (A) can be eliminated because according to the first two rules either J or L is always on stage.

Answer choice (B) can be eliminated because according to the last rule whenever a woman is on stage then G is also on stage.

Answer choice (D) can be eliminated because according to the third rule when J is on stage then F must be on stage.

Answer choice (E) can be eliminated because according to the first rule when J is on stage L cannot be on stage.

Answer choice (C) is thus proven correct by process of elimination.
 LSATprepper
|
In question one, why is the answer Grant, Hassan and Lorena (C)? If those three are dancers, then there is nothing stopping Keiko from dancing too.

The question asks which one of the following is a list of ALL of the dancers, not some, who COULD be on stage at a particular time?

I'm assuming it is because the wording means that those 3 dancers COULD be ALL of the dancers on the stage. It COULD also be 4 dancers on stage. So the ALL actually is not really necessary to be asked in the question right? I can ask

"Which one of the following is a list of the dancers who could be on stage at a particular time?"
 LSATprepper
|
Nevermind. I see that without the word ALL, some of these answer choices can leave out the relevant necessary conditions and still be true.

I see that ALL does not necessarily mean ALL POSSIBLE.
 Dave Killoran
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
LSATprepper wrote:Nevermind. I see that without the word ALL, some of these answer choices can leave out the relevant necessary conditions and still be true.

I see that ALL does not necessarily mean ALL POSSIBLE.
Exactly. In this instance they want an answer that lists a group of people who could all be there at the same time in a single scenario. That's different than a list of every possible dancer who could ever be on stage (which would be all of them in this game).

They do ask both types of questions, so watch this kind of language carefully!
 KG!
|
What is stopping the answer choice from being D? Why can't an accurate choice be GHJ? I don't really see the difference between the two?
 Jeremy Press
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Hi KG!

Answer choice D doesn't work because of the third rule. Felipe is offstage, which means Jaclyn must be offstage as well.

Hope this helps!

Jeremy

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.