LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

Dave Killoran
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Complete Question Explanation
(The complete setup for this game can be found here: lsat/viewtopic.php?f=164&p=88024#p88024)

The correct answer choice is (E).

From the second rule, L must prepare an opening argument. Thus, if L and R are on the same team, R must prepare a final argument. From the third rule, because R prepares a final argument, G must then prepare an opening argument. Accordingly, answer choice (E) is correct.
 srcline@noctrl.edu
|
Hello Jon

I have a quick question on number 5. So the hypothetical states that If L is on the same team as R. then which one of the following must be true. So I had that L & G both give opening statements because of the third rule, in that either G/R but not both prepare a final argument? Correct? So since G and M have to be on the same team, I put M on team 2 with G. I looked at another explanation online, and in their diagram they put M/S on team 2 as a dual option, but how do we know that it could be S also?

Secondly, I was in between answers B, C, and E. I know the correct answer is E because of the third rule, but does the fact that S is paired with M make B & C incorrect? Again, how do we know that it could be either M or S?
Thankyou
Sarah
 Jon Denning
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Hey Sarah - yep, if L goes with R, then L gives Opening and R gives F. And since R gives Final, then G must give Opening, and that's (E).

G and M don't have to be on the same team. They could be, which would put S and V together. But remember, M could also go with V (which would put G with S). So the only known group here is L and R. G can go with S or M, depending on who's with V. Likewise V can go with S or M, depending on who's with G.

I'd also be extra careful with other companies' explanations online; not because they're wrong necessarily, but because for one I can't vouch for them or even see what they show (technically I suppose I could, but I'm not going to bother with it), and two because diagramming methodology often differs and it can potentially be hard to square ours with theirs.

See paragraph two above for your final question :)

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.