LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

Dave Killoran
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Complete Question Explanation
(The complete setup for this game can be found here: lsat/viewtopic.php?f=155&t=1451)

The correct answer choice is (C)

Answer choice (A): This possibility was eliminated during the setup when it was shown that R cannot audition on Wednesday.

Answer choice (B): This is a tricky answer, in part because it may initially appear as if a mix of “1” and “2” auditions could be used to achieve three auditions on Friday. However, the third rule stipulates that an actor auditions on both Thursday and Saturday. As noted during the setup, this means that the only days that could have three auditions are Thursday or Saturday, and thus this answer cannot occur.

Answer choice (C): The hypothetical used in question #7 showed that all three actors could audition on Saturday, and thus this answer choice could be true and is correct.

Answer choice (D): This possibility was eliminated during the setup when it was shown that O1 cannot audition on Friday.

Answer choice (E): This possibility was eliminated during the setup when it was shown that R cannot audition on Wednesday.
 Basia W
|
Hello!

For the 2009 games section:

10c) I am uncertain of how this answer is correct; if all three actors audition on Saturday, and GR must audition together on one day with O preceding this day (1st rule) then there would be no one to fill one of the 4 days of the week given that there are six variables.

Thank you for your time!

Best,

Basia
 Emily Haney-Caron
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Hi Basia,

If all three audition on Saturday, then Saturday counts as the day that G and R audition together. Does that help?
 Basia W
|
Good evening,

of course! I can't believe I didn't see that, thank you.

Best,

Basia

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.