LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

General questions relating to LSAT Reading Comprehension.
 rameday
|
Hello,

So I have noticed that I have begun to plateau with RC. My speed is fine. I am giving myself 9 minutes per passage but that is more than enough for me I typically finish in 8 minutes. My accuracy is not what I would like it to be though. I am getting 1 or 2 questions wrong a passage. However what I have noticed is that I am a lot more confident going through the passages and I diagram a lot less. I am more comfortable not letting myself get to bogged down into the details. Now I am wondering how to to get myself to the level of getting less than 5-6 questions wrong per passage. I remember in the virtual module it said that people who typically do best on RC read very quickly and can finish the passage in 2-3 minutes. Would you advise that I read the passage quicker to see if that helps improve accuracy? I currently read for over 3 minutes I am pretty confident that I could read quicker because I am a fast and avid reader (I just slow down for the purposes of RC).

A
 Emily Haney-Caron
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Hi rameday,

I actually think that diagramming is really critical to a successful approach to RC questions. I would take a step back, try to identify which types of questions you consistently get wrong, and then make a point of looking for that type of information as you read through a passage (and diagramming it as you go).

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.