LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

General questions relating to LSAT Reading Comprehension.
 ridolph.lauren
|
I'm not trying to brag, but rather, figure out if I'm doing something wrong or if I just got lucky.... these times. In doing some of the practice reading comp questions, I'm finding them easier to do than on the LR and LG sections. I've gotten them almost all correct (but not yet at breakneck speed mind you.) Yet, almost like I'm developing an approach using some of the strategies learned from the other two sections and applying them to answer the reading comp questions correctly. I'd really like to know if practicing the other two sections tend to strengthen our ability to answer the reading comp section better in some ways?
 Rachael Wilkenfeld
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Absolutely, ridolph.lauren. This is a test of reasoning and argumentation, so when you improve in those skills, you can improve across the test. Learning to identify the conclusion in logical reasoning helps you identify the main point in reading comp. Learning how to make connections in the games can help you learn what you can and can't support in a reading comp passage. It's all connected, and it's all skill based.

This is one of my favorite features of the LSAT. Because it is a skills based test, not a knowledge based test, as you learn and improve in one area, you can see that improvement reflected in other areas as well. It's like a snowball of skill building, and it's incredibly motivating.

You should absolutely be pleased by progress, and celebrate your success! Keep up the good work.
 ridolph.lauren
|
Great! Thank you, it is at least nice to know I'm probably on the right track and not just getting lucky. I'm assuming also that is the reason why reading comprehension is usually taught last after we learn about logical reasoning and logical game concepts along with conditioning. There is a method to this madness. :lol:

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.