LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

Administrator
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Complete Question Explanation

The correct answer choice is (B).

Answer choice (A):

Answer choice (B):

Answer choice (C):

Answer choice (D):

Answer choice (E):

This explanation is still in progress. Please post any questions below!
 funky_fancy_name
|
See answer B in passage A, but I haven't been able to find answer B in passage B. Please help!
 Adam Tyson
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
There's no need to look in passage B to answer this question, funky, because the question is only about what passage A asserts. Some questions in comparative reading passages will be about just one of the two passages, such as those that ask for the main point of one passage, or for the view of one author, or as in this case, for a specific piece of information found in just one passage.
 funky_fancy_name
|
OMG! I don't know why I read both passage. I really appreciate your patience!
 maddie
|
Hi! I thought that B was a trap answer choice because in the passage it states "there is no difference between these things--other than ..." so I thought the "other than" was showing that there was a difference between them. Can you explain why this seeming exception does not count as an actual difference?
 Ryan Twomey
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Hey Maddie,

So the exception that the author pointed out is not an actual exception. It is an exception with how plagiarism accusations are used by those in power; however, it is strongly strongly inferred that this is not actual plagarism but merely false accusations.

I know this is really confusing and annoying, but it's essentially not an exception at all and likely written this way for the purpose of making this question more challenging.

I hope this helps and I wish you all of the luck in your studies.

Best,
Ryan
 DorrieN
|
Hi!

I was under the impression that B was a trick answer because she also mentioned repetition and originality, not just plagiarism, imitation and adaptation. Wouldn't it be an incomplete answer?
 Rachael Wilkenfeld
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Dorrie, in Must Be True questions, we are asked to find the thing that is true, not all the things that are true. So just because they don't list EVERYTHING that is equivalent doesn't mean that they didn't list true things that are equivalent.

For example, if they said A, B, C, D, and E are all the same, the following are all true statements:

A and B are the same.
A and C are the same.
A and D are the same.
A and E are the same.
A, B, and C are the same....
A, B, C, D, and E are the same.

Those would ALL be valid and correct answer choices. We have the same situation here. If plagiarism, imitation, adaptation, repetition, and originality are all equivalent, then any number of those selected are equivalent. It doesn't matter if you leave off some things that are true.

Hope that helps!

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.