LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

Administrator
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Complete Question Explanation

The correct answer choice is (B).

Answer choice (A):

Answer choice (B): This is the correct answer choice.

Answer choice (C):

Answer choice (D):

Answer choice (E):

This explanation is still in progress. Please post any questions below!
 landphil
|
Can someone explain why it is B? Of course B aligns perfectly with the second highlight sentence, but doesn't it completely ignore the first. I thought B was a good trap answer for that reason. Although I didn't love the other answers, I at least thought D could cover the ideas of both varying payments depending on relative damage AND the idea that they modern bankruptcy laws would attempt to salvage the company if possible (which is how I interpreted the first highlighted sentence).

Thanks!
 Adam Tyson
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
The correct answer doesn't need to follow ALL the moral priorities, landphil, as long as it follows at least one and doesn't conflict with the others. As you said, answer B perfectly aligns with one of the principles, and that's enough!

Answer D has no relation to the principles under discussion because it does not deal with anyone being harmed and needing some relief, or with any kind of balancing act between parties with different needs. It's about treating different products differently, rather than different purchasers.
 landphil
|
Adam Tyson wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 5:04 pm The correct answer doesn't need to follow ALL the moral priorities, landphil, as long as it follows at least one and doesn't conflict with the others. As you said, answer B perfectly aligns with one of the principles, and that's enough!

Answer D has no relation to the principles under discussion because it does not deal with anyone being harmed and needing some relief, or with any kind of balancing act between parties with different needs. It's about treating different products differently, rather than different purchasers.
Okay thank you, Adam!

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.