LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

Administrator
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Complete Question Explanation

The correct answer choice is (B).

Answer choice (A):

Answer choice (B): This is the correct answer choice.

Answer choice (C):

Answer choice (D):

Answer choice (E):

This explanation is still in progress. Please post any questions below!
 German.Steel
|
Am I to understand the question/answers as meaning, "performs orchestra on ONLY those two days" or rather, including but not necessarily limited to those two days? It doesn't end up mattering practically speaking, but I wasn't sure how to interpret that.
 Rachael Wilkenfeld
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
In this case, German, they could leave the language unclear because they are testing your knowledge of the game. You can never have O more than twice because O requires J following. That means if you have 3 Os, you really have 3 OJs, leaving no room for the required S. They can leave the language unclear as to if it's exactly two or at least two days.

Hope that helps!
 jailenea
|
Why is the answer B, May 2 and 4, as opposed to C?

I used question 9 as a reference to answer question 7. One acceptable possibility to 9 is: s s s jt o jt. Orchestra here comes May 5th. Even though question 9 sets the conditions as having her perform in s format 3 times, it's still acceptable that o be May 5th. Or am I missing something?
 Paul Popa
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Hi Jailenea,

Great question! (C) doesn't work because it violates the last rule. If Noguchi performs May 2nd and May 5th, she has to perform with the jazz trio on the 3rd and the 6th due to rule 1. Rule 2 requires that May 1st and May 3rd be the same concert format, and every format must be used at least once, leaving S for May 4th. So, we get a solution of:

J O J S O J

Unfortunately, this setup violates the last rule: Noguchi can never perform with the orchestra immediately after a solo. You are correct that there is an acceptable solution if Noguchi performs with the orchestra May 5th, but (C) said May 2nd and 5th, which is never acceptable. Hope this helps!

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.