LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

Administrator
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Complete Question Explanation

The correct answer choice is (E).

Answer choice (A):

Answer choice (B):

Answer choice (C):

Answer choice (D):

Answer choice (E): This is the correct answer choice.

This explanation is still in progress. Please post any questions below!
 rjhyman
|
I got this question wrong on the first try but I think I figured out why E is the correct answer. Below I am posting my reasoning for someone to double check. Thanks in advance!

A: Is incorrect because since L and M teach the same language and L and K are at the same school L and K could not teach the same language so there K could not teach the same language as M.

B: Is incorrect because L teaches the same language as M, so they can't be in the same school. Since there are only 2 schools if, L M and O all taught the same language there are not enough schools for them to all teach at.

C: Is incorrect for a similar reason to A. the KL block and LM blocks make this impossible

D: Is incorrect because K and L have to teach together and my understand is that there are only 3 slots per school so this does not leave any room for L if K, N, and O teach at the same school as each other.

E: Is correct! If M, N, and O teach at the same school as each other then the other school will be K, L and P which works!
 atierney
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Hello,

Yes! Your reasoning is indeed correct. Basically, with the global could-be-true questions, you are looking for whatever answer choice "works," while eliminating, as quickly as possible, those that do not.

Cheers,

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.