LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

Administrator
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Setup and Rule Diagram Explanation

This is an Advanced Linear game.

This setup is still in progress. Please post any questions below!
 Trying My Best
|
I ended up getting this game 100% correct, and I was easily able to do the setup. However, I didn't leave the game feeling confident in my work because nowhere (that I could determine) in the stimulus does it explicitly say that each language must be spoken by at least one of the experts.

As far as numerical distributions go, it states:
1. Each presentation is in exactly one of the four languages.
(This means that each presentation is spoken in a language and that language must be from the following options.)

2. Each expert speaks exactly one of the languages
(Meaning that no expert can speak more than one language)

3. Exactly two of the presentations are in the same language as each other
(meaning exactly one language is spoken twice by two different experts)

HA, okay there's the answer to my question. If there are five experts that must speak a language, four languages, and one must be repeated exactly twice, then it must follow that the other three languages must be spoken once by the remaining experts. Concluding a 2-1-1-1 distribution.

Okay I'll post this anyway because writing it all out literally forced me to answer my question :)
 Shelbyshowers6
|
Administrator wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 4:20 pm Setup and Rule Diagram Explanation

This is an Advanced Linear game.

This setup is still in progress. Please post any questions below!
Hi! I was just looking to see the set up for this game because it through me for a loop and was wondering how you set it up and went about it!
 Robert Carroll
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Shelby,

My diagram is attached.
PT91ExpLGGame1diagram.png
Each position needs an expert and a language, so this is an Advanced Linear Game with two rows. The first rule entails that one language is used twice, and all the other languages are used once. I got the 2-1-1-1 numerical distribution from that. The second rule puts S and G in space 2. The third rule puts L in space 4 with a M/F dual option. The fourth rule created the two blocks on the right side. The last rule puts J 1 and 5, which also tells me that J is the only language used twice. I need to use M and F both, so 3 is whatever language 4 is not, which is reflected in my dual option there.

Robert Carroll
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.