LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

Administrator
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Complete Question Explanation

Main Point. The correct answer choice is (D).

Answer choice (A):

Answer choice (B):

Answer choice (C):

Answer choice (D): This is the correct answer choice.

Answer choice (E):

This explanation is still in progress. Please post any questions below!
 yuxuan
|
I chose A for this question. What is the correct ans?
 Robot1212
|
yuxuan wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 9:00 pm I chose A for this question. What is the correct ans?
The first sentence is the conclusion.

Second sentence introduces the premise (hence the premise indicator "after all") but that second sentence is also the intermediate conclusion because the part after "Since" is used to support that part. Whenever I see "Since" I like to think of "Because". Just makes it easier to interpret for me for some reason.

Conclusion: People DONT realize pop music used to express R + P messages

Intermediate conclusion: POP adopted by social movements
Premise ("Since"): potential conversation + increase moral + solidarity

A) intermediate conclusion
B) dont think this is even said
C) It did not say it was the most effective way. it said it was a possible way
D) correct answer. As we can see, it's used for express R + P messages
E) I mean this factually correct based on the argument but not the right answer. This is a premise.
 Adam Tyson
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
I agree with Robot1212 that the first sentence is the main conclusion (and I was a little frustrated at first that the correct answer didn't reflect it as accurately as I would have liked), but I should offer one correction about answer A. Answer A is not an intermediate conclusion of the argument, because at no point did the author say anything about what "accounts for the success" of social movements. The phrase introduced by "after all" IS an intermediate conclusion, but it's not about what causes their success. It's just about social movements having "adopted" popular music. We don't really know why any social movements actually succeed, although popular music has the potential to help them in that goal.

In short, the author is not trying to prove anything about why social movements succeed. Instead, the author is trying to prove that popular music has those messages despite people being unaware of them.
 TootyFrooty
|
How do you identify between main and sub conclusion? I had trouble with this in the Bible book as well.
 Dana D
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Hey Tooty,

Sub conclusions have premises to support them, but also serve as premises for main conclusions. If you think you have a main and sub conclusion, ask yourself which of the two ideas is supporting the other one? The supporter would be a sub conclusion.

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.