LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

Adam Tyson
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
These diagrams are good, atdale1980, although see the discussion earlier in this thread about the third possibility. What if P is before M but H is before G? Also, you might want to add a note in each of your templates to indicate that G is not last. That means that in your first template, J must be last, and in the second one either J or H must be last.

Your diagrams should take a little time, especially when a rule splits the game into two different directions, necessitating at least two distinct main diagrams. Take the time you need to get those right, and then head to the questions fully prepared for whatever they throw at you. As far as list questions go, use the "rule by rule" method rather than looking at the diagrams to quickly eliminate answers that violate a rule. The first rule, for example, eliminates answer C to question 7. No need to compare that answer to either diagram if you just use that first rule and run all the answers through it like a filter to see what gets taken out!
 leslie7
|
Hello, for this sequencing rule ( M - P --> H - G ) you represented it with the following.... (very bad rep I have here)

M --P
> H - G - J
L

But initially when going through the question, I think I kept it with the conditional included and got the following....
M- P :arrow: L
> H - G
M

Is this method not suggested? Please any feedback is highly welcome !
 Ryan Twomey
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
I would have played out two templates:

1. M -----P
2. P----M

The person who played out two templates in the setup made a mistake by playing out the original statement sufficient and the contrapositive sufficient. This is incorrect logic because that is not a binary.

I could not totally understand what you meant with your drawing. It may be helpful to upload a picture of what you meant.

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.