LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

sseyedali
|
Hi there,

I was just wondering if October would be too late to take the LSAT for applying to Canadian law schools. I understand that most Canadian law schools have an application deadline of November 1st. I am planning on taking the August LSAT, but I am wondering, should I choose to retake the LSAT in October, would that leave enough time for LSAC to report my October score (assuming it was higher than my August?).

Thanks
 Dave Killoran
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Good news here: it is NOT too late :-D

Despite many Candian law school having that November 1st deadline, they often still allow for much later LSATs. Here's our rundown of that info form last year (and I'm having it updated for this year as we speak): https://blog.powerscore.com/lsat/canadi ... e-allowed/

For example, McGill has a November 1, 2021 deadline, but says on their website they will accept results from the November 2021 LSAT.

So, not only is October just fine for all schools, but November as well, and typically January too.

Thanks!
 sseyedali
|
Hi Dave,

Thank you for the response. If I may ask a follow up: would you say the same general rules apply to Canadian schools when it comes to the 'Apply early versus apply later with a higher LSAT score' issue? In other words, do you think the earlier deadlines for applications in Canada makes a significant difference as to whether its better to apply early?

I know elsewhere in other blogs you've mentioned that its generally better to apply later and with a higher LSAT rather than apply early just for the sake of applying early. Does this apply to Canadian schools as well?
 Dave Killoran
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Well, the Canadian deadlines more or less force people to apply early in general. Within that "early" timeframe though, the rule still applies: better to come in with the higher score :-D
 sseyedali
|
Thank you Dave, appreciate it.

Take care

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.