LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

dsession
|
Hi!

I was wondering if I might be able to receive some help with a question featured in the Logic Games Bible Workbook. Specifically, I have been struggling to understand why one of the answer choices is INCORRECT (I'm not debating the validity of the "correct" answer choice, however it appears- to me at least- as though another answer choice might be equally valid).

The question ("Question 1.2") is on page 63, at the beginning of the section titled "Grouping/Linear Combination Setup Practice Drill." The question states: "If both Frankie and Debra are selected, which one of the following CANNOT be true?" Based on the nature of this question (as it has been explained to me in the Logic Games Bible), each of the four incorrect answer choices "could be true." Answer choice (D), which according to the book's explanation is one of the four incorrect answers, states: "Neither Alan nor Frankie is selected to give a presentation." Since the question itself demands that Frankie be selected, how is an outcome that directly violates the condition on which the question is based, and to which all of the answer choices must conform, one which "could be true"???

An explanation would be TREMENDOUSLY appreciated! P.S., if you need me to write up the entire question in order to provide a response, I'm more than happy to do so!

Thanks so much!!
 Steve Stein
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Hi,

Thanks for your message--nice catch! Incorrect answer choice (D) should not include Frankie,which will be noted on the book site and revised in the next print.

Thanks again!

~Steve

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.