LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

Mi Kal
|
Hi,

"...it was widely believed..." is noted in the answer key as the author's point of view. Since something that is "widely believed" has to be the view of more than just one person, othrwise it wouldn't be "widely believed," why isn't "it was widely believed" the viewpoint of "people?"

Thank you.

Michael
 Dave Killoran
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Hi Michael,

Thanks for the question! That answer key states that the author is informing us of widely held beliefs, and then following it up with more specific attributions to many leading experts. So, it's explaining that this is the author telling us about what many people believed at the time. The description could be clearer there, though, and since I'm making revisions right now to that book, I'm going to expand that discussion of lines 1-7 in order to make it easier to understand.

Thanks!
 Mi Kal
|
Hi Dave,

Thanks for the explanation. I can now see how it is the author referring to a belief that is widely held. But, I am also still caught on my first instinct to see that a widely held belief is a point expressed by a lot of people. Guess I'll just push through that instinct.

Thanks.

Michael

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.