LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

kyraboyden
|
I just want to know if the Logical Reasoning Bible Workbook for 2015 different from the 2016 version? I have the 2015 workbook, but I just ordered the 2016 workbook from Amazon.com thinking there would be different questions. Are the practice questions different for the 2015 workbook versus the 2016 workbook??

Thanks Much
 Dave Killoran
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Hi Kyra,

While the LSAT Bibles undergo rather extensive upgrades from time to time (and they are updated every year in numeroussmall ways), the Workbooks do not require those same updates (because they are practice books, not strategy books like the Bibles, and the value of doing a certain LR section, for example, doesn't change form year to year). So, the 2016 Workbooks and the 2017 Workbooks are fundamentally the same.

The natural question might be to ask why we release yearly versions then. I talked about this in specific relation to the LSAT Bibles in this article: The 2016 LSAT Bibles: Do You Need the Newest Editions? Part I, and as it applies to the Workbooks there are two main reasons:

• 1. There have been times in the past when we made extensive changes to the Workbooks, and thus if we didn't release them with identifiers, it would be very easy for students to mistakenly pick up a very old versions (and regrettably, it was those types of cases that lead to us releasing the books with years on them in the first place!).

2. Each year I make small updates to the Workbooks, whether that be to expand an explanation or to improve a drill or even fix the occasional typo. These improvements typically come about from the questions and conversations I have with students in places such as this Forum, and thus they often address the most pressing and relevant types of issues. The years allow us to know that students are getting the most up-to date books.

Short answer is that the 2016 Workbooks will be fine (and as far as the 2016 vs 2017 Bibles themselves, the 2016 LRB and LGB are fine but I'd recommend getting an updated 2017 RCB—more to come on this soon when I release a comprehensive discussion on the changes made).

Please let me know if that helps. Thanks!
 kyraboyden
|
Hi Dave,

I just want to know if the LR Bible Workbook for 2015 is okay to use?? I am asking because that is what I have. Or do I need to purchase the 2016 version??

Thanks Much.

Kyra
 Dave Killoran
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Hey Kyra,

Lol, my mistake! I should take my own reading advice and slow down a bit—I thought you were asking about 2016 to 2017, but I see now that you are asking about 2015 to 2017 :-D

I need to pull up those Workbook files and make a comparison, so it will probably be tomorrow (Monday) before I give you a final answer. I hope that is ok!

Thanks!
 Dave Killoran
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Hi Kyra,

Ok, so I went back in and looked at those files:

We made major changes to the LGB in 2016, so the 2016 LGB Workbook also underwent major changes (much of it to the sections and drills involving sequencing diagramming).

The 2016 RCB Workbook also underwent heavy revisions compared to 2015.

The LRB Workbook stayed roughly the same in terms of content (although we changed the formatting to increase usability).

So, bottom line: LRBW is fine, but you need the newer RCBW. If you've used the 2016 or later LGB (and you should have), then you want the 2016 or later LGBW.

Does that help clarify? Please let me know. Thanks!

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.