LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

lathlee
|
1. " The Principle above, if established would justify which one of the following judgments? "

Powerscore Resource ( I cannot Recall which Version but it is from Powerscore cuz I only use Powerscore Materials)
says this is Parallel - PR Q. But I just cannot see that nor understand how this is Parallel-PR Q?

2. " Which one of the following most accurately expresses the principle underlying the argumentation above? "

Powerscore Resource (Ch 21 of LR Bible 2018) says this is Justify the Conclusion-PR, I JUST don't understand how. What am I not seeing? IF anything, shouldn't this be the MP-PR?
 Dave Killoran
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Hi Lathlee,

For #1, you are using the principle "above" to have an effect on an answer choice, so it's immediately in the First Family. Now, Must and Parallel are quite similar in certain ways, but what makes this a Parallel question is the " justify which one of the following judgments." That means each answer will have a judgment, since they are typically about different scenarios, this becomes Parallel. The key is, no matter how you interpreted this, you'd still be able to get it right because the basic requirements are similar.

For #2, when they talk about the "principle underlying the argumentation above," they are asking you to identify the broad idea that makes the argument work, which is a Justify questions expressed in broader terms (which is the principle in action). It's a nuanced point here, but it's not likely to be a MP because the principle might have no relation to the topic of the argument at all. Instead, you are looking for the idea underneath the argument tying it all together. In other words, the principle that justifies the argument.

Thanks!!

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.