LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

Lawyered
|
Practice Problem 1:

I understand why answer choice D is right etc. I am in a problem about proper diagramming...

Looking at D I had : (Flight Late) FL -> {slash} CM (Committee Meeting (missed in my mind but I guess can be looked at cancelled?)

2nd Sentence: (Flight NOT Late) {slash} FL -> CM (Committee Meeting (I guess made or not missed?)

The diagrams used in the book were Missed Committee Meeting (MCM) and NOT MCM which makes sense but I want to learn how to fix my thing or make it more perfect like how the book has it... how do I do that??

Thanks!
 Adam Tyson
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Hey lawyered (great name, btw - HIMYM reference?), I would love to help here, but I am not sure which question you are looking at. Which chapter of the LR Bible are you in, and on which page? The problem may be that I am using an older version of the book than you probably are. If you can point me towards the general location of the problem, and maybe share a few key words from the stimulus (is it about a late flight, as in the answer choices you are looking at, or is it a different topic in the stimulus?), I will do my best to help you out with it.

Thanks!
 Lawyered
|
YES!!!! Finally, someone got the reference.

The primary question is about the law punishing littering and the city providing trash cans.

The answer choice is about a late flight and a missed committee meeting.

(edited to remove the exact wording of the question and answer due to copyright issues)
 Adam Tyson
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Got it! Honestly, the way you diagrammed it is just as good and made just as much sense as the way we did. As long as you understood that CM meant the same as MCM and that CM meant the same thing as MCM, then you're good to go! There's more than one way to do a lot of what we do, and the crucial question is, does it make sense to/does it work for you?

Nice work, Marshall! (I loved that show, and my wife wants to be Lily's new best friend)

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.