LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

milanproda@me.com
|
Hello, I have a question in regards to Chapter 14 Question 1. While this chapter is focused on parallel reasoning, my question has to do with a Conditional Reasoning element that popped up in the first question.

The question, which can be found on page 407, contains answer choices that all have some form (valid or invalid) of Conditional Reasoning. However, I was not able to diagram answer choice B at all. All of the other answer choices have conditional indicators but this answer does not.

The question diagrammed from page 408: (slashes / mean negated)
LPL-->OTC
/LPL/---> /OTC/

Here is the answer choice:

Jenny will have lots of balloons at her birthday party. There are no balloons around yet, so today is not her birthday.

I diagrammed the second sentence correctly (I hope :roll: ): /Balloons/---->/Birthday/

However, I am not sure how to properly diagram the first part of the answer choice "Jenny will have lots of balloons at her party."

Consequently, I also do not understand how answer choice B could be the contrapositive (which is what the Bible writes on page 408).

Sorry for the trouble & Thank you.
 Steve Stein
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Thanks for your question. Jenny will have a lot of balloons at her birthday party. In other words, if it's her birthday party, there will be lots of balloons:

Jenny's birthday party --> lots of balloons

Let me know whether that clears this one up--thanks!

~Steve
 milanproda@me.com
|
Makes perfect sense, thank you

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.