LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

leslie7
|
Hello,

I'm glad this is covered in the book because there were some drills in chapter 3 we did that make this example clear and more useful.

I am wondering though about the inference made on pg. 237 with the L/T rule - A Lion is never exhibited immediately before or immediately after a tiger..

The inference is :

1 L/T , 3L/T , 5L L/T , 7 L/T

but could the L/T rule also be

2 L/T , 4 L/T , 6 L/T ??

I'm wondering because if the first scenario is really an inference that could be made it would save a lot of time on a logic game but I don't see that to be the case (it's one of he reasons I take very long on this type of not-block, because almost every possibility on the scale is available )

I hope this question was clear thank You!
 KelseyWoods
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Hi Leslie!

Remember that according to the scenario, we have 2 lions and 2 tigers. If we just put the lions/tigers in 2, 4, 6, we would only have placed 3 and would still have an extra L/T to place and no where to place it! We have 4 total L/T (2 L + 2 T) so the only way to keep all 4 completely separated is to place them in 1, 3, 5, 7.

Hope this helps!

Best,
Kelsey
 leslie7
|
KelseyWoods wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 4:18 pm Hi Leslie!

Remember that according to the scenario, we have 2 lions and 2 tigers. If we just put the lions/tigers in 2, 4, 6, we would only have placed 3 and would still have an extra L/T to place and no where to place it! We have 4 total L/T (2 L + 2 T) so the only way to keep all 4 completely separated is to place them in 1, 3, 5, 7.

Hope this helps!

Best,
Kelsey
Hi Kelsey, this was great - thanks so much! :D

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.