LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

momgoingbacktoschool
|
In the answer key, notG and notC are to the right of hotel Jacaranda's column on lines 5 and 1 respectively. Wouldn't it be better, visually, to put notG and notC directly under the line for floor 5 and 1? I could see how I would get confused and think that G cannot be on floor 5 AT ALL and C can't be on floor 1 AT ALL. Unless, that is what is implied? Just want to make sure that is NOT what's implied...

Thank you!
 Adam Tyson
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
You are right that that is NOT what is implied there, Mom. Putting those not-laws under the spaces could also work well, as long as you leave yourself enough space to do that and still have room to fill in the space below it. In our setup we put a large space between the columns to allow for "side not laws", but you should do what works best for you!
 momgoingbacktoschool
|
Adam Tyson wrote:You are right that that is NOT what is implied there, Mom. Putting those not-laws under the spaces could also work well, as long as you leave yourself enough space to do that and still have room to fill in the space below it. In our setup we put a large space between the columns to allow for "side not laws", but you should do what works best for you!
Thank you!
 leslie7
|
I know this is a simple question just want to maximize my study time by doing things optimally/efficiently the first time around so it becomes standard practice.

for the J building I wrong 3=F underneath the building and wrote to the side of J building, in a block

C1
G1

this differs from the CGj subscript written on the side of the game and the J:FFFCG rule.

Is the way I did it ok/just as efficient? or is the way PS book shows it more efficient?

Thanks so much !
 Jeremy Press
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Hi leslie,

Good question!

It sounds like your diagram of that would be effective enough. As long as you understand the 3=F to be referring to the number of F's in the J building (and not, for example, to having F on the 3rd floor of the J building), that works for me. As far as the CG block goes, I might've represented it underneath the J building (so that I knew immediately that block was applicable to the J building) rather than next to it. My worry about putting it next to the sketch is that I might think it was associated with particular floors. But those are nitpicky worries, and so long as you understood that the J building had to have one block of C and G (with only one instance of each of C and G), and three F's, your diagram works perfectly!

I hope this helps!

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.