LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

sstroud
|
Hello,

I am steadily making my way through the logic games bible, having just finished chapter 4. I discovered a real problem when answering Linear game questions. The fastest I seem to be able to answer the first question is 3 minutes, but most of the time it takes me about 4 or 5. After I get through the first question, the other questions only take about 1 minute to solve, but then the final question also takes me about 3 minutes. I understand why the final question typically takes longer, as it it usually a difficult question that changes some aspect of the game. What I cannot figure out, is why the first question takes just as much time as the last question, it seriously hampers my ability to answer the questions under 8 min and 45 sec. I am also consistently missing at most 1 question, so accuracy is not really a problem, I just can't get in and out of game in under 10 minutes typically because the first question creates a major holdup. Any tips for overcoming this problem?
 Dave Killoran
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Hi S,

Two thoughts:

1. If you are using our analytics, then the first question of each game includes your setup time (since we can't physically see you working on the setup, most people do the work on the first questions of the game).

2. Alternatively, the first question is a List question in most cases. Use proper List question technique--it should make those easy, and no way they should take 3 minutes!

Thanks!

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.