LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

fritz
|
In several of the advanced linear games the setup involves morning and afternoon appointments. In the book, the morning is often placed on the bottom and the afternoon on the top. Why? If there is no specific reason I would recommend putting the morning on the top because it makes more sense intuitively. Mornings come before afternoons and generally appear that way on calendars as well. If there is a specific reason for the reversal in the book please let me know because I have been doing it the other way. It makes it easier for me to conceptualize the problem--especially when a condition is such that variable X comes before variable Y.

BTW - Thanks for writing this book, I have found it VERY helpful!
 Dave Killoran
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Hi Fritz,

As for the AM/PM slotting, you can do it either way (and I believe I mention that somewhere in the book as well, but I can’t recall off the top of my head). It really is personal preference, and one reason we do it that way is that we have some programs here that display time in that manner, and I’ve seen it that way in other programs as well, so it just became the default. But, as with the fact that you can make a horizontal or vertical setup for linear games with no substantial difference, the same goes for AM/PM. Do it as you prefer and you will be fine.

Thanks!
 fritz
|
Excellent, thanks Dave!

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.