LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

cmorris32
|
Hi Powerscore!

I am reviewing the section in the Logic Games 2020 Bible about Maximum/Minimum Questions (p. 156) and I was wondering if you could further explain the general steps to solve Max/Min Questions? I see that point two says to "Consider the abstract relationships created by the rules in order to establish the general Maximum/Minimum number in play." I am kind of confused by this statement and I would like to work on improving my methods for solving these types of questions. Could you expand on what this means?

Thank you!
Caroline :-D
 KelseyWoods
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Hi Caroline!

That statement basically just means you need to look at the rules to determine if there are other inferences you can make about them that may contribute to the max/min question. The types of inferences that are relevant are highly dependent on the type of game and specific question you're dealing with. But, for example, with Undefined Grouping Games where they ask you for a maximum group size, you would look for Double Not Arrow Rules (e.g., if you have 6 variables but A :dblline: B, then the max group size would be 5). So basically it's just thinking about how the rules you've got impact the maximum and minimum that you are being asked about.

Hope this helps!

Best,
Kelsey

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.