LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

varshini98
|
hello,
I'm trying to understand question 11 on pg 106 ( logic game bible 2019 edition). By formulating the rules I understood that Z cannot be placed in. slot 7,8,1 and t in 1,2, and 7. however I'm not able to understand why z cannot be placed in 6 and t in 8. could you please explain this as its really very confusing.
 Dave Killoran
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Hi Varshini,

The explanation in the text of these two Not Laws reads: "The hardest Not Laws in this game to identify are that Z cannot be picked up sixth and T cannot be picked up eighth. These occur because when Z is picked up sixth, then from the second rule Y must be picked up third, and then from the fourth rule S must be picked up eighth. But, when Z is picked up sixth, then from the third and fifth rules T must be picked up eighth, causing a conflict."

Basically, if Z is 6th and T is 8th, that forces Y to be picked 3rd which then triggers S to be picked 8th. That means both S and T are trying to fill the 8th space, and that doesn't work.

Please let me know if that helps, it's a tough one but a good one to understand. Thanks!

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.