LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

Shaunobii
|
Hey!

I am currently working through the logic games bible and I am stuck on the second practice question. I set up the game correctly but don’t know why E cannot be possible as a 4th variable. The rule stated that E cannot directly follow or be behind D and E as the 4th variable does not have a D next to it..

Anyway I can get some help here?

Much appreciated
 Dave Killoran
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Hi Shaun,

I'm thinking you have a copy of the book that is very old and well out of date. The current version page 40 has a Linear Base Representation Diagramming Drill on it, and #2 in that drill has no variable E.

The closest drill I can think you might be looking at is the Linear Setup Practice Drill, which is now on page 105 (yes, I've added a lot of new material to the book over the years). The discussion for #2 in that drill is now here: viewtopic.php?t=17130, which should answer your question.

The book or pdf you have is essentially an entirely different book than the current version, and lacks not just hundreds of pages of new material and explanations, but also uses an out-of-date diagramming system and doesn't cover some of the new question types LSAC added. I'd really recommend you get a current version :)

As an aside, I update the LSAT Bibles every year and I talk about why I make those changes here: The LSAT Bibles: Do You Need the Newest Editions? and here: Episode 14, at the 51:55 mark of The PowerScore LSAT PodCast.

Please let me know if you have any other questions. Thanks!

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.