LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

William Noel
|
Hi,

On page 556 chapter 9 dealing with distribution, the book states that 2-2-1-0-0 and 2-1-1-1-0 are both possibilities and that it would be an error to assume a one-to-one distribution because some commercials may not be aired.

However, I do not comprehend how those distributions do not violate the first rule of the setup which reads "Exactly one advertisement is scheduled to air each day". It would seem having two or no advertisements air on some days is directly contrary to this rule.

I realize my edition is one year out of date and I may be confused but clarification would be appreciated regardless.

Thank you
 Dave Killoran
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Hi William,

Thanks for the message! A few quick thoughts for you here that will hopefully help clear this up:

• • There is NOT an error in the books and both distributions are possible :-D

• The reason they are both possible is that they are the "days to advertisements" distributions, NOT the "advertisements to days" (a small difference in order but a big one in meaning). The "advertisements to days" distribution is controlled by the rule you reference, and as noted in the book that is indeed a 1-1-1-1-1 distribution. The distribution under discussion, though, is different and focuses on the use of each individual advertisement, which can be zero.

• Fortunately, this question has been covered before, and it's here in the LG Bible section of the forum under the Chapter 9 section. to see those answers, check out the following discussion: viewtopic.php?f=1343&t=32103. I go in-depth there and I think that will really help lock this idea in.

• Just fyi, we will move your post over to the LG Bible Forum and add it to the thread above on Monday in order to keep all comments on this topic together.
Please let me know if that clears it up. Thanks!
 William Noel
|
Of course! That is a very important difference. I reviewed the page and the discussion you linked, it is all perfectly clear now.

Not enough coffee this morning :lol:

Thanks so much!

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.