LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

Administrator
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Complete Question Explanation

The correct answer choice is (E).

Answer choice (A):

Answer choice (B):

Answer choice (C):

Answer choice (D):

Answer choice (E): This is the correct answer choice.

This explanation is still in progress. Please post any questions below!
 gooodshiit
|
Hello,

I wonder if anyone could help explain this question? Particularly, could someone tell me the exact line reference for answer choice E?

I chose D, because in the first paragraph, the author states that the growing importance of water has increased the potential for conflict. While now I see the potential for conflict doesn't mean conflicts have been rising sharply, I just couldn't see how E is correct and therefore a better answer choice.

Again, thank you for all the helpful comments on this forum!! Really appreciate your help!
 Robert Carroll
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
good,

The first sentence of the second paragraph (lines 17-22) provides the reference for answer choice (E), especially "past legal decisions" at the end of that selection.

Robert Carroll
 Katherinthesky
|
Is (C) incorrect because the idea that precipitation has been "declining steadily" at the time the Draft Articles were developed is unsupported?
I got thrown off by the mention of "dwindling water supplies" in the first sentence of the passage.

Thanks in advance.
 Adam Tyson
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
I think you are referring to answer B there, Katherinthesky, and one problem with that answer is that the passage never says there has been or is currently a steady decline in precipitation. It only says that rising CO2 contributes to decreased precipitation in some areas. Nothing necessarily "steady" about that! Add that to what you already determined - that we don't know if that was the case at the time the Draft Articles were drawn up - and there is no evidence for that answer. Good work!
 mseggio
|
gooodshiit wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 4:26 am Hello,

I wonder if anyone could help explain this question? Particularly, could someone tell me the exact line reference for answer choice E?

I chose D, because in the first paragraph, the author states that the growing importance of water has increased the potential for conflict. While now I see the potential for conflict doesn't mean conflicts have been rising sharply, I just couldn't see how E is correct and therefore a better answer choice.

Again, thank you for all the helpful comments on this forum!! Really appreciate your help!
Pay close attention to the word choice/phrasing used in answer choice D. It was not conflict that was escalating (as this is not directly stated in the passage), but the potential for conflict was.

(See Paragraph #1, lines #4-5).

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.