LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

Dave Killoran
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
This game is also discussed in our Podcast, at the 48:04 mark: LSAT Podcast Episode 37: The November 2019 LSAT Logic Games Section

Complete Question Explanation

The correct answer choice is (C).

Answer choice (A): This is a brutal answer choice, and it is extremely difficult to initially see why this answer is incorrect. If W visits Ghana in the first month, the visits to Ghana would have to be W - V - Y - W. But wait, doesn't that violate Rule #3? Actually no! The rule is clear that Y must visit G in a month prior to W, and that occurs here in the third and fourth months. So, if you eliminated this answer due to that rule, you were mistaken but lucky!

Continuing on, two of W's three visits have now been assigned, and the problem that results from that is there is no way to fill in the both of the France and India rows without running out of representatives or having an overlap where one representative is forced to impossibly visit multiple sites in the same month (stop and try it!).

Answer choice (B): Ghana's visits in the second and third month are either V - Y or W - V. There are no alternative scenarios, and thus this answer choice cannot occur.

Answer choice (C): This is the correct answer choice. This answer can occur when V visits Ghana in the second month, and the YW block visits Ghana in the third and fourth months.

Answer choice (D): Ghana's visits in the second and third month are either V Y or W V. there are no alternative scenarios, and thus this answer choice cannot occur.

Answer choice (E): Ghana's visits in the second and third month are either V Y or W V. there are no alternative scenarios, and thus this answer choice cannot occur.
 ShannonOh22
|
Just to confirm, the rest of the months/visits would look like the below if Y were to visit Ghana in month 3?

France: Y Y Z Z
Ghana: Z V Y W
India: V W W V

It took me a while to arrive at this possibility, and I just want to make sure I'm not missing something!
 Robert Carroll
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
ShannonOh22 wrote:Just to confirm, the rest of the months/visits would look like the below if Y were to visit Ghana in month 3?

France: Y Y Z Z
Ghana: Z V Y W
India: V W W V

It took me a while to arrive at this possibility, and I just want to make sure I'm not missing something!
Shannon,

I don't see any problem with that situation, so it would work (and validates answer choice (C)).

Robert Carroll
 frk215
|
Hello! I made the following diagram and it validated answer choice A for me. I've been racking my brain for the violation but I can't seem to find it:

France : W Z Z Z
Ghana : W V Y W
India : V Y Y Z

I'd really appreciate it if someone could tell me why this is wrong!
 Robert Carroll
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
frk,

I see five problems with that diagram:

1. V only makes 2 visits (violates the scenario requirement that each person make exactly 3 visits)

2. Z makes 4 visits (violates the scenario requirement that each person make exactly 3 visits)

3. Z makes visits to France and India in the same month (violates the scenario requirement that each person make no more than 1 visit a month)

4. Z makes visits to France and India at all (violates the last rule)

5. V visits India once (violates the first rule)

Robert Carroll
 smaani
|
Can someone help me see how this diagram violates the rules and invalidates A?

India: V Y Y V
Ghana: W V Y W
France: Z Z W Z
 Adam Tyson
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
You've got Y going two different places in the 3rd month, smaani (India and Ghana), and nobody is allowed to go more than one place per month.

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.