LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

Administrator
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Please post your questions below! Thank you!
 theamazingrace
|
Hi, where is A supported in the text? I did not see any mention of anything being "unethical"

Thank you in advance!
 haleynicole797
|
theamazingrace wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 8:28 pm Hi, where is A supported in the text? I did not see any mention of anything being "unethical"

Thank you in advance!
Hey so after looking at this a little more I see that (A) is supported on lines #49-52.
these lines show that the author of passage B is frustrated that the lies to make a biographical story more interesting is what makes for a good biography, one that interests readers. His tone throughout the passage shows his distaste for the practice which helps you get an idea for how it is unethical in his eyes. Although, it seems that the author still uses these "unethical" practices in his writing at times
I got this one right the first time taking the test. But reviewing it I was a little hesitant on (A) being correct until I saw lines 49-52.

Powerscore lemme know if I am completely wrong or not, but I think thats where (A) is supported in passage B.
 Rachael Wilkenfeld
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Haley is right on, amazinggrace. The author of passage B notes in the beginning of the final paragraph that the lying required by their position is unethical. They say that autobiography requires lying because it's still telling an emotional truth. However, at the end of the passage, he confronts the idea that lying is unethical, and he notes the conflicting views. Since the author of passage A didn't endorse this view, answer choice (A) is the correct answer.

Great work!

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.