LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

Dave Killoran
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
This game is discussed in our Podcast: LSAT Podcast Episode 31: The September 2019 LSAT Logic Games Section

Complete Question Explanation
(The complete setup for this game can be found here: https://forum.powerscore.com/lsat/viewtopic.php?t=31312)

The correct answer choice is (D).

As discussed in the setup explanation, Ursula must use one R, two Hs, and then either G or L. Only answer choice (D) fits this lineup, and is thus correct. And, if you knew Ursula must use two Hs, answer choice (D) si the only possible answer.

If you did not get a good breakdown of Ursula's options in the setup, this becomes a bit harder than the usual List question, especially if you miss the limitations of rule #5.

Answer choice (A): Ursula must use at least one H, and so this answer is incorrect.

Answer choice (B): Ursula cannot use two Gs and must use two Hs, and so this answer is incorrect. This answer would also violate Rule #5.

Answer choice (C): Ursula must use exactly one R, and so this answer is incorrect.

Answer choice (D): This is the correct answer choice.

Answer choice (E): Ursula cannot use two Ls since that would cause a violation of rule #5 (as occurs here), and so this answer is incorrect.
 April30Gang
|
Just came here to say that it's been 3 years and I still have PTSD from this game. What the actual fudge?

The beating this game gave me was wild heavy
 Robert Carroll
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
April30Gang,

I didn't even take this test and I completely agree! This one was very time-consuming. I think it's a really good idea to study this one for anyone taking upcoming tests, because this is a great example of how difficult the testmakers can make "normal" stuff like a Defined Grouping Game.

Robert Carroll

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.