LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

Administrator
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Complete Question Explanation

The correct answer choice is (D).

Answer choice (A):

Answer choice (B):

Answer choice (C):

Answer choice (D): This is the correct answer choice.

Answer choice (E):

This explanation is still in progress. Please post any questions below!
 mikeross1234
|
Can anyone explain the reasoning for choosing answer choice D? I understand that passage A does talk about social standing but I thought of it more as blues as a music genre in general - I never got the feeling they were speaking specifically to musicians.
 Jeff Wren
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Hi Mike,

While the third paragraph of Passage A is focused on the features of blues music as a genre, the first two paragraphs discuss blues musicians and their relationship to society.

Specifically, take a look at the first sentence of paragraph one, "Many commentators have described the blues musician of the United States as an extension of the griot of West Africa, yet one could hardly find two performers with less in common from a sociological perspective" (lines 1-5).

Also note the first sentence of paragraph two, "The blues musician, in contrast, honed a music of personal expression, often reflecting a lack of connection to the broader streams of society ..." (lines 14-16).

Each of these emphasizes the blues musician and the musician's role in society as it relates to their music.

In Passage B, the entire passage discussed the griot's role in society and how it influenced their music.

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.