LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

Administrator
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Complete Question Explanation

The correct answer choice is (D).

Answer choice (A):

Answer choice (B):

Answer choice (C):

Answer choice (D): This is the correct answer choice.

Answer choice (E):

This explanation is still in progress. Please post any questions below!
 medialaw111516
|
Hi,

For some reason, I'm struggling with why 8 is D and not B. I guess I didn't identify this as a MBT, but now that I have, I'm missing where either of those are in the passage.
 medialaw111516
|
Never mind, sorry! I just found answer D in the first paragraph :-D .
 g_lawyered
|
Hi P.S.
I have the same question @ medialaw111516 » had. I also chose answer B over D. While I did find support in the first few lines in paragraph 1 for answer D, I need to know what makes B incorrect?

I found relevant text at the end of paragraph 2 for answer B:
Habitat destruction through the spread of untreated waste, the escape of species not native to the farm’s region, or contamination by new pathogens can all ensue, seriously damaging ocean and coastal resources and, ultimately, wild fishery stocks.
. I understood "species not native to farm's region" that could include shellfish (not limited to only fish). I think B is incorrect because the passage doesn't mention "sort of shellfish is most commonly raised". Instead, it discusses several types of fish within the paragraphs (catfish, salmon, milkfish, codd, etc.) but now that I re-read it I don't see specific shellfish types. More specifically, I don't see "most common" language in the text. Is this why B is incorrect?
Thanks in advance!
 Robert Carroll
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
g_lawyered,

There are no specific shellfish types mentioned.

Robert Carroll
 g_lawyered
|
Thanks for confirming that Robert!

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.