LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

Administrator
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Please post your questions below!
 Luna222
|
Hi!

I'm wondering where the support is for the correct answer (D). Was reviewing the exam and got this question wrong but am struggling to understand/find support for D. Is it in the last paragraph when the author is talking about "reduces prices, deterring investments...niche markets"?

Thanks!
 James Finch
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Hi Luna,

Exactly, it's in the last sentence of the passage:

"...niche markets have started to develop for several species of wild-caught fish, causing their catch rates to remain high even as the production of viable farmed substitutes has increased."

The "started to develop" implies a continuing growth in this market, which is then largely confirmed by the effect of continued high catch rates for wild fish despite more fish farming.

Hope this clears things up!
 abby1285
|
Hi,

I see how D is correct but was tempted by answer choice B. I was looking in paragraph 3, where the author talks about the input to output ratio for the fish and that those three species (carp, catfish, and milkfish) require much less fish input than salmon. I decided that B was incorrect because although the carp/catfish/milkfish have a lower input than salmon, we cannot determine if that means they're more profitable because we don't know the cost of inputting fish. Is this the right line of thinking?

Thanks!
 Robert Carroll
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Abby,

That's exactly the right line of thinking. We also don't know what other costs might differ.

Robert Carroll

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.