LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

Administrator
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Complete Question Explanation

The correct answer choice is (D).

Answer choice (A):

Answer choice (B):

Answer choice (C):

Answer choice (D): This is the correct answer choice.

Answer choice (E):

This explanation is still in progress. Please post any questions below!
 salman
|
Hello,

Can you please explain why D is correct and E is not?
 Paul Popa
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Hi Salman,

I'd be happy to! This was a very fun passage to read as a cinemaphile, as I have thought about the issues raised by the author myself a few times :-D

Overall in the passage, the author is describing how movies can be altered from their original version in a variety of ways: some obvious, some more subtle, but altogether problematic. At the beginning of paragraph 4, the author says "It seems that audiences and even most film critics have tacitly accepted this situation--they rarely speak about it." The author's various concerns, coupled with this statement, support answer choice D well.

E says that the author primarily attempts to "explain why a particular art form is the target of negative criticism," but be careful with this answer choice: the author never said in the passage that the art form of film has actually received negative criticism for the mentioned changes films often undergo, but rather that these changes are problematic and could potentially lead to negative consequences. Hope this helps!

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.