LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

Administrator
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Please post your questions below!
 danimcca
|
Hi,

Can I ask someone to explain how A is the correct answer, I used the process of elimination to get rid of exaggerated answers or unsupported answers but looking back I realize this question took me much longer than it should have.

Thanks!
 KelseyWoods
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Hi danimcca!

Remember to always prephrase so that you can go through answer choices more quickly! In a Must Be True question like this, you should be looking to see if there are ways in which the facts presented can connect to one another. What are the facts that we have here?

Fact #1: Theory that vitamin C is crucial for collagen
Fact #2: Collagen is an important protein occurring almost exclusively in connective tissue and bones
Fact #3: For this reason, some doctors believe that vitamin C can be useful in treating the symptoms of some common illnesses

So how do those facts connect? Well if doctors believe that vitamin C can be useful in treating common illnesses based on the fact that vitamin C is crucial for collagen, which only occurs in connective tissue and bones, then it must be true that some common illnesses involve connective tissue and bones.

Our prephrase matches answer choice (A) well: Some doctors believe that there are illnesses that affect the state of connective tissue or bones.

I would still read through the other answer choices to be certain I haven't fallen for an LSAT trap and to make sure that I can eliminate them because they are too strong, etc. But having a strong understanding of the facts and prephrasing ways in which they might connect together makes me much more confident and efficient as I go through those answer choices.

Hope this helps!

Best,
Kelsey
 danimcca
|
Thank you Kelsey that makes sense!

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.