LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

Administrator
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Complete Question Explanation

The correct answer choice is (C).

Answer choice (A):

Answer choice (B):

Answer choice (C): This is the correct answer choice.

Answer choice (D):

Answer choice (E):

This explanation is still in progress. Please post any questions below!
 j199393
|
Hi - can someone walk me through the answers for this one? I diagrammed them all out after getting this question wrong and must be missing something because all of the answer choices seem to work.

Thanks!
 momgoingbacktoschool
|
j199393 wrote:Hi - can someone walk me through the answers for this one? I diagrammed them all out after getting this question wrong and must be missing something because all of the answer choices seem to work.

Thanks!
The question stem is asking (i've reworded it) which answer choice CANNOT be true (note the EXCEPT)...

If P works Friday and N is already also working Friday due to the rule that N works Friday, then that only leaves us with one space. Therefore, M definitely cannot work Friday because every time M works, L also has to work. There is not enough room for M and L.
 Jeremy Press
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Hi j199393,

Mom is right (as they usually are!).

The reason answer choice C doesn't work is that, with P on Friday (as the question stem states), and M on Friday (as answer choice C states), L would also have to be on Friday (from the second rule). That's too many volunteers for Friday, since from the global rules, N must also be on Friday. We can't have 4 volunteers on Friday.

Let us know if that clears it up!

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.