LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

Administrator
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Complete Question Explanation

The correct answer choice is (D).

If G is shown in the first week, then R must also be shown in the first week. This is because there must be a watercolor shown that week, and G cannot be shown in the same week as either P or S (not P because of the second rule, and not S because of the third rule - if S was in week 1 then H would also be in week 1 rather than G). So week 1 must be G and R.

Rule 1 says no painting can be shown two weeks in a row, so week 2 cannot be G or R. It also cannot be H (and therefore not S), because the fourth rule says that if H is shown before week three then I must be shown in week 1. So week 2 has to be I and P.

Your local diagram for this question might now look like this, with Oils on top and Watercolors on the bottom:

GI_ _
RP_ _

That's enough to answer the question!

Answer choice (A): I cannot be in week 3 because it is in week 2 and cannot be shown in consecutive weeks.

Answer choice (B): P cannot be in week 3 because it is in week 2 and cannot be shown in consecutive weeks.

Answer choice (C): R cannot be shown in the second week because P must be, and because R cannot be shown in consecutive weeks.

Answer choice (D): This is the correct answer choice. R can be in week 4 without a problem, with this solution:

GIHG
RPSR

(Note that week 4's oil could also be I).

Answer choice (E): S cannot be in week 2 because P is in week 2, and because that would force H into 2 and I into 1, violating the local restriction in this question that required G to be in week 1.

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.