LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

Administrator
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Setup and Rule Diagram Explanation

This is a Balanced, Identify the Templates, Basic Linear game.

This explanation is still in progress. Please post any questions below!
 Nicholas
|
Hello,
I approached this game just as a basic linear game. However, I see that it is characterized as an "Identify the Templates" game. What are the templates that should be made for it? I assume they are based around the restricted placements of the FS/SF block, but I am struggling to determine templates that are concrete enough to be useful. The "Identify the Templates" technique was one of the most helpful for me from the LSAT Bibles, so any assistance would be appreciated!
 Jeremy Press
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Hi Nicholas,

The trouble you're having seeing templates definitely relates to choosing the best starting point for entering into those templates. Instead of beginning from the FS/SF block, begin from your options for first and last. The only things that can start the line are either P or the FS/SF block (in either order). The only options for last are G and T. Using those starting (and ending) points, we can construct the following three basic templates. The second one is probably the hardest to read, just note that the FS/SF block comes in 2,3 or 3,4 (whatever order F and S are in). That stops G from being third in that template.
June 2019 Game 2 Templates.png
Let me know if this triggers further questions!

Jeremy
 momgoingbacktoschool
|
Jeremy Press wrote:Hi Nicholas,

The trouble you're having seeing templates definitely relates to choosing the best starting point for entering into those templates. Instead of beginning from the FS/SF block, begin from your options for first and last. The only things that can start the line are either P or the FS/SF block (in either order). The only options for last are G and T. Using those starting (and ending) points, we can construct the following three basic templates. The second one is probably the hardest to read, just note that the FS/SF block comes in 2,3 or 3,4 (whatever order F and S are in). That stops G from being third in that template.

Jeremy
Are your diagrams the same as...

P G F/S S/F T
F/S S/F P G/T T/G
F/S S/F T P G
P F/S S/F G/T T/G

?
 Jeremy Press
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
momgoingbacktoschool wrote:
Jeremy Press wrote:Hi Nicholas,

Jeremy
Are your diagrams the same as...

P G F/S S/F T
F/S S/F P G/T T/G
F/S S/F T P G
P F/S S/F G/T T/G

?
They are! Nice job!

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.