LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

Questions relating to PowerScore's LSAT Logical Reasoning Bible
 ashley96
|
Hello,

I have purchased the LSAT trilogy and corresponding workbooks. I was wondering, however, because the bibles contain real LSAT questions in the drills, will this have a disproportionate effect on my results when I do practice LSAT's (as the bibles contain them in the drills so I will be familiar with some questions) ? If so, is there any way to know which LSAT's drill questions are taken from?

Thank you!
 LaCrosse
|
Hi Ashley,

The PowerScore writers have been careful to include the questions from the older LSAT PrepTests into the Bibles to make sure they don't "spoil" the newer PrepTests for us when we practice solving them under timed conditions.

The Logical Reasoning Bible Appendix (I use it all the time myself!) is what will tell you which PrepTest the questions in the book come from. The Appendix is available online for both the 2016 and the 2015 editions of the LR Bible: https://www.powerscore.com/lrbible/supplements/.

-Alex
 Dave Killoran
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Hi Ashley,

Alex is 100% right! In the LSAT Bibles, I generally use older questions that are still representative of today's question forms, primarily so that you don't see questions from recent LSATs that would bias your performance on practice LSATs.

The appendices that Alex linked to are presented in two ways: one that shows the exact source of each questions, and one that shows which questions are used by PrepTest.

Alex: thanks for the assist!

If you have any other questions, please let us know. Thanks!
 ashley96
|
Thank you so much Alex and Dave! Have a great day :)

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.